Policy and standards
SAFETY, HEALTH AND
The AECI Group is committed to a clean, safe and
healthy environment for its employees, contractors,
customers and surrounding communities.
The AECI Executive Committee, guided by the Social
and Ethics Committee, is responsible for the regular
review of the Group safety, health and environmental
Policy, for the guidance of Group companies in its
implementation, and for monitoring performance.
We require each Group company:
- to adopt a safety, health and environmental Policy
that meets the needs of its businesses;
- to hold line Management accountable for
the implementation of the safety, health and
- to develop and maintain appropriate Procedures
to support the safety, health and environmental
- to manage safety, health and environmental risks
in a manner that meets all the legal requirements
of the countries in which it operates and
accepted international criteria;
- to be prepared for and to deal with any emergency;
- to ensure that employees and contractors are
- to maintain a record of safety, health and
environmental information and to meet statutory
record-keeping requirements; and
- to audit its performance against its Policy,
Standards and Procedures and to report this
regularly to the AECI Executive Committee.
The goal is no harm, to anyone, ever.